The Fund seeks dedicated, talented and highly-motivated professionals who share our unyielding commitment to building a critical mass of great public schools in Chicago.
CURRENT OPENING: Associate – Data, Policy & Reports
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate will report to the Director – Data, Policy & Reports (DPR) and will be responsible for working with the DPR Team to manage against a strategic plan to support and sustain efforts to ensure high quality school leaders in all of Chicago’s public schools.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An entrepreneurial attitude, a strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach;
- Strong quantitative skills, including experience with data analysis, interpretation, and presentation;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills across a diverse set of audiences;
- Reasoned judgment and positive energy, including in high-stress situations;
- A track record of leadership (in professional or personal contexts); and
- A commitment to public education, and an interest in education policy
Responsibilities for the Associate include, but are not limited to:
Research and Reporting
- Create reports, presentations and materials to share The Fund’s perspective on sustainable approaches for principal quality in Chicago, both internally and externally.
- Conduct analyses to identify trends, issues and themes that inform The Fund’s strategic priorities; support the interpretation and communication of research findings to a wide range of Fund stakeholders.
- Support other Fund publications by providing copy editing, fact checking and data quality reviews as needed.
Data Analysis and Management
- Support the development of tools that will be used to collect data from a variety of stakeholders across The Fund’s work.
- Execute on ongoing data collection strategies and support The Fund’s analytic work, including updating and maintaining databases, cleaning and processing data, and performing analyses using a variety of techniques.
Policy Expertise and Strategy
- Conduct research and analysis regarding barriers to innovation that impact principal quality.
- Support senior leadership, as needed, in developing recommendations that influence programming and investment strategies.
- Serve as a member of a 4-person cross-functional DPR Team, providing leadership in overall operational and programmatic execution of key Fund priorities.
- Collaborate with team members to support The Fund’s data management strategy on principal quality through ongoing data collection, analysis and reporting activities.
- Add value to organizational activities such as strategic planning, document production, recruiting, and other duties as assigned.
- Cultivate and manage external partner and/or grantee relationships as needed.
- Represent The Fund at external events and exhibit The Fund’s core values of collaboration, equity, excellence, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
The Fund is seeking a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial professional with at least three (3) years of experience. Successful candidates will have:
- Prior experience with data management and analytics strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in education research and/or policy strongly preferred
- Project planning experience with a strong track record of executing on and achieving results
- Experience working in public education in Chicago preferred, not required
Skills and abilities:
- Expert in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written presentation and communication skills, particularly with diverse audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills across a diverse set of audiences, especially the ability to use data help drive key messaging
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Ability to manage self and workload effectively, be flexible and adaptive, and follow through on execution
- Ability to think through, manage and communicate many details, often on tight timelines
- Ability to proactively and openly communicate with senior management to support project stability and professional success
Salary and benefits are highly competitive.
Please email a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. In your cover letter, please also indicate how you heard about this opportunity. All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that we will not be able to respond to phone inquiries about this position.
The Chicago Public Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer. The Fund evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Fund employs and values a diverse work environment.