Join our Team
The Fund seeks dedicated, talented and highly-motivated professionals who share our unyielding commitment to building a critical mass of great public schools in Chicago. At this time, we are hiring a part-time Communications and Development Assistant. Details about the position and how to apply are below.
Part-Time Communications & Development Assistant
role and responsibilities
The Part-Time Associate will report directly to the Development and Communications Manager and will be responsible for working with the Development and Communications Manager, the Development Associate and the Special Projects Manager to execute against grants and fundraising campaigns, as well as broader communications efforts.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A strong work ethic and detail-oriented approach
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills across a diverse set of audiences
- Comfort in new or unprecedented contexts
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Reasoned judgment and positive energy
- The ability to execute tasks and responsibilities in a time-sensitive, high-stakes environment
- Database management experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ideally, experience and/or interest in working in the nonprofit or education sector
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare various mailings and communication materials
- Prepare folders and packets for meetings
Development and Communications:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Update and maintain database records in Raiser’s Edge
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events
- Perform research on potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, and individuals)
- Record all incoming checks into Raiser’s Edge
- Create Thank You Letters for grants, donations, and pledges
- Create profiles for prospects (individuals and corporations) for CEO’s use
- Track and research conferences for staff
- Temp procurement/management as needed
- Assist CEO’s EA with contact management
- Holiday card preparations, including address and contact management
- Raiser’s Edge: maintain constituent records, event records, communications between staff and educators, board members, and partners
- Facilitate communication with vendors; food and venue
- Venue research
- Providing credit card for payment
- RSVP management and tracking
The Fund is seeking a highly motivated professional. Successful candidates will have:
- Project planning experience with a strong track record of executing on and achieving results
- Writing and research experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Skills and abilities:
- Strong verbal and written presentation and communication skills, particularly with diverse audiences
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to manage self, manage workload effectively, be flexible and adaptive, and follow through on execution
- Ability to think through and manage many details, often on tight timelines
- Database Management, preferably Raiser’s Edge
Salary and benefits are highly competitive.
Please email a resume and cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. In your cover letter, please also indicate how you heard about this opportunity. All materials should be sent to Lauren Rapp, The Fund’s Manager of Development and Communication, at email@example.com.
We regret that we will not be able to respond to phone inquiries about this position.
The Chicago Public Education Fund is an equal opportunity employer. The Fund evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Fund employs and values a diverse work environment.