Chicago Educators ROCK!
This April, we’re celebrating Chicago’s rockstar educators all month long.
While school buildings remain closed, teachers, principals, assistant principals and other school staff members have gone above and beyond to keep students safe, healthy and engaged in learning during the COVID-19 crisis.
We believe they deserve some recognition for all their hard work. Using this toolkit, school community members — students, caregivers, Local School Council members — can voice their appreciation for the compassion, innovation and persistence our city’s educators continue to show in the face of extreme hardship.
There are several ways to get involved from the comfort and safety of your own home. You can:
- Change your profile and cover photos on social media.
- Post a thank you message with one of these rockin’ graphics on Facebook or Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #EducatorsRock.
- Share a story of an educator or colleague who has inspired you. You can either post directly to social media or share it with us through this form and this email address. You can find writing prompts here.
- Write or color in a message of support to your favorite educator using one of these templates. You can post a picture of yourself holding your creation or hang it in your window for your neighbors to see.
- Join the #EducatorsRock challenge and post a video of yourself rocking out to your favorite song. Air guitars, lip syncs and happy dances welcome!
- Participate in an Educators Rock spirit day. If your school has a spirit or theme week, encourage everyone to wear gold and blue to show support for Chicago educators.
- Use sidewalk chalk or window paint to tell educators that they rock. Or maybe consider doing a Educators Rock parade, similar to how Dore Elementary teachers and staff connected with their students.
Despite these difficult circumstances, many schools across the city are creating a strong sense of community. This campaign is intended to bring a little joy and a little love with a heaping side of gratitude. Our toolkit is just the starting place. We can’t wait to see what you create to celebrate the educators in your life.
Rock on, Chicago.