The Fund supports Chicago’s education leaders by listening to their needs and responding with our programming and policy work. Another way that we aim to impact them is through our events, which celebrate their hard work, elevate their voices and stories, surface innovative practices and otherwise meet their needs.
PRINCIPAL HAPPY HOURS | Thursdays in October 2021
Looking for a time to connect and bond with your principal peers? Looking for a fun and casual way to unwind after a long day? Or just looking for a good drink?
In honor of October, Principal Appreciation Month, The Fund is excited to host four happy hours for Chicago public school principals on Thursdays. Each week, the happy hour will rotate to a different part of the city. RSVP links can be found below:
- Thursday, October 7, 4:30PM-7:00PM | Humboldt Park | Esmerelda’s Lounge
- Thursday, October 14, 4:30PM-7:00PM | Lakeview | Chicago Theater Works
- Thursday, October 21, 4:30PM-7:30PM | Hyde Park | The Museum of Science and Industry*
- Thursday, October 28, 4:30PM-7:00PM | South Loop | VU Rooftop
Please keep in mind several notes:
- *Special “Principal: Leading Us Forward” Storytelling Event: On October 21, there will be a special three-hour principal appreciation month happy hour, taking place in the Museum of Science and Industry’s Henry Crown Space Center. This event will end with a live storytelling event titled, “Principals: Leading Us Forward.” From 6:00-7:00PM, in the Giant Dome Theater, a group of principals will share their personal stories of strength and leadership. Any individuals unable to attend the event in-person will also be able to register for a virtual ticket to watch the event’s storytelling section.
- COVID-19 Safety: We are implementing all possible measures to make sure that these events are COVID-19 safe. Masks will be required whenever not eating or drinking, and all guests will be required to show physical or digital proof of vaccination before entry. Guests unable to show proof of vaccination will be denied entry. Among the four venues, two of them are have outdoor spaces, while the other two are large enough for social distancing indoors.
- Invitations: Because of COVID-19 restrictions, we are capping attendance at each happy hour — so please sign up ASAP! That being said, we are allowing principals to invite one guest — feel free to come alone, or invite your AP, a teacher on your team, or your partner! Or, message your peers to make sure to come to the same happy hour! In order to ensure that leaders all over the city have access, please RSVP to only one happy hour.
- Free Parking: All events will have free parking available. Further details will be sent out in event reminders; we highly encourage all attendees with guests to carpool.
- Photography: We will have an event photographer at each venue, so come prepared to take some nice photos
- Social Media: Share any photos that you take on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag #PrincipalPrideChi.
Explore Past Events
Find highlights from our past events below.