Tailored, opt-in professional development for school leaders
Great leadership is critical to student success.
In collaboration with the Department of Principal Quality (DPQ) of Chicago Public Schools, The Fund invests in innovative programming that transforms teaching and learning for school leaders and their teams. In Chicago, we strive to provide strong leadership support to every public school student through our programs.
Through fully scaled programs and emerging pilots, we aim to serve leaders from all types of schools, in every neighborhood in the city, and at every stage in their careers. We recognize that leaders serving in schools and communities most harmed by the history and currency of disinvestment require more. In the interest of serving those leaders first, our program model is flexible and adapts based on cohort and leader needs.
Participants in our programs lead in 235 district-operated schools and 18 charter schools. Over half of our participants are leaders of color; 44.4% and 14.1% identify as Black and Latino/a/x, compared to the district average of 44.1% Black and 18.3% Latino/a/x
Among our 2022-23 program participants, 153 (46%) previously participated in a Fund program in 2020-21 or 2021-22. The remaining 180 (54%) are either new participants or have been re-engaged since 2020.
Exploring the 2022-23 Fund Program Map
As part of our 2022-23 program suite, we worked with 333 school leaders who support more than 128,000 students in Chicago. To better understand who we serve, select the program(s) you are interested in to see all the corresponding participants. You can filter by school, job, and network. Hovering over the individual dots provides more information about the program participant and their school. You can revert to the full data set by clicking the circle arrow above the header text. Note: If multiple participants are from the same school, their dots are adjusted, so they do not overlap.
Note: NPI Mentor Principals can be added at any time throughout the school year.
Summer Design Program
The Fund’s flagship program provides school teams the space, time, and resources to design innovative solutions to some of their most pressing challenges.
Professional Learning Communities
These principal-led learning groups give school leaders access to their peers’ innovative practices with an eye toward improving student outcomes citywide.
The Chicago Principals Fellowship and Cahn Fellows Program provide strong principals the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop their executive leadership skills.
Programs for Assistant Principals
The Fund offers three programs to support assistant and aspiring principals as they develop skills to lead Cicago’s public schools.
CHICAGO COMMUNITIES REPRESENTED
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS IMPACTED THIS YEAR
SCHOOL LEADERS CURRENTLY ENGAGED